CrossFit Kids West Hills creates superheroes out of your children. At CrossFit Kids West Hills everyone participates and discovers that fitness is fun!
CrossFit West Hills believes that the future lies in the health and happiness of its children. CrossFit Kids West Hills uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children. Our classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more. Specifically, CFWH Kids teaches the 10 General Physical Skills.
Our CrossFit Kids program teaches not only basic physical skills, but also social skills and confidence. Children learn foundation movements like the squat, pushups, pull ups, climbing, jumping, and elementary gymnastic movements.
More importantly, you will see your child also learns to follow directions, listen, communicate, and play with others. Every class includes game play and positive reinforcement. Classes continue to include game play and positive reinforcement, as well as discussions on what was learned in each class.
This program also includes focus on leadership skills. As children progress through the program, they will be asked to model movements, lead exercises, and demonstrate an ability to verbally explain exercises.
There are three pillars to the CrossFit Kids program:
Fun- above all else it has to be fun, we teach children that fitness is very enjoyable.
Quality of movement- by training proper movement at a young age, we are imbedding these movements for life.
CF Prescribed- constantly varied, functional movement executed at high intensity. For children we want to spend a great deal of time on mechanics and consistency before we add in the intensity.
- Teach children to become successful leaders.
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Promote the importance of health and fitness for a lifetime.
CrossFit Kids West Hills is designed for EVERY child to experience and celebrate movement. As you watch your child grow in ability and confidence, you will also see them learn that hard work results in success!
10 General Physical Skills
- Cardiovascular Endurance: The ability of body systems to gather, process and deliver oxygen. Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina: The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy. Can you get energy to your muscles?
- Strength: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force. How much can you lift?
- Flexibility: The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint. Can you touch your toes?
- Power: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time. How much work can you do in the least time?
- Speed: The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement. How fast can you go?
- Coordination: The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement. Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- Agility: The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another. Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Balance: The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base. How quickly can you change direction?
- Accuracy: The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity. Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?